Monday, 10 May 2021

Trekking: To Feel Myself

I am not among those who uploads pictures on social media accounts to gain popularity or more likes or followers. For me, it just gives me a proper (but in brief) digital album where I can mention a caption on the picture to give some details or a memory about that moment. Which is the exact reason why, I have organised all the my Instagram Highlights in a meticulous way in my profile. 

So, if "hashtag wanderlust" or captions like "Mountains are calling" isn't my intention to go on a trek in Sahyadri, then what is it? While contemplating on this question the other day, after I did my first trek post lockdown, the below words just came out:

It is about The Mountain.

It is about The Fort, built on that Mountain.

It is about The Path created, to reach that Fort that was built on that Mountain.

It is about knowing The Technique used, to mastermind that path to reach that Fort built on the Mountain.

It is about understanding The Need to utilize the available techniques, for forging a path to reach that Fort built on that Mountain

It is about knowing The History and Geography which made it favourable to achieve the need, that was met after creation of the path that led to the Fort built on that Mountain.

And Most Importantly,

It is about Respecting The Mountain, when you are reaching the fort built on top of it by traversing the path that was created in it's arms, whilst you understand the need and history.

I find it funny when some people use the adjective 'mighty', while mentioning any mountain. Because personally I feel, the word mountain in itself is a noun as well as an adjective. 

Also, from my amateur experience in the Sahyadri range, I have learnt two most important lessons of life. One, how irrelevant I am in the larger scheme of things. We are just a faint dot in the universe, remember always. And second, how the mountain is glued to ground, inspite of it touching the sky. It taught me how one should stay grounded in all phases of our life.

So if some one asks what does trekking means to me? My answer is, "I feel, Myself, when I am in the mountains arms."


-SR.

PS: May The Force Be With You !
PPS: Late Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.