Tuesday, 17 January 2017

Wings of Hope


Behind my smile, is a hurting heart
Behind my laugh, I am falling apart

Surrounded by mortal bricks
I can't breathe or keep my head high

Look closely at me and you will see
The girl I am, sometimes isn't me

I want to fly, if possible even above the sky
But their thoughts are always bullying me by

I want to smile, if possible laugh out loud
Society barriers keeps me lonely in the crowd

I want to talk, if possible pour my heart out
But the Red Lips are only to display pout, not shout

I want to learn, if possible explore the world
But the mundane bonds keep me chained in the underworld

Let me spread my wings, let them be free
Let me dance with the flowing wind and scream yippee

Let me breathe happiness and rest the sorrow underneath
Allow me to fly high, if possible even above the sky


 
-SR.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.