Firstly, Many Happy Returns Of The Day. Hope you have a super rocking day.
Now the objective to write here is because of my unsuccessful surprise plan. Like the government declassifies secret files after a period of time, I open the secrets of my surprise plans once the occasion is over. Mismatch comparison, I guess. Ignore it. Actually I was going to send you a Greeting Card via courier. But one of the bank exam dates came in this week and I couldn't go ahead with the plan. I am extremely sorry for No tangible Gifts from my side, so please accept this virtual gift.
Plan was to purchase a normal birthday card which will have enough space at the back so I can write my own message. Now that I couldn't send it, atleast I can give you the message which was ready with me.
Task was quite simple. I don’t have any big creative mind like yours. Remember, somewhere back in July I had asked suggestion from you about how to design a birthday card. That one was for Vanessa. But I do understand human nature. It’s not the price tag of the gift but the sincerity involved in giving the same is what makes it special. So I’ll write down here what I was going to put in the card.
Plan was to purchase a normal birthday card which will have enough space at the back so I can write my own message. Now that I couldn't send it, atleast I can give you the message which was ready with me.
Task was quite simple. I don’t have any big creative mind like yours. Remember, somewhere back in July I had asked suggestion from you about how to design a birthday card. That one was for Vanessa. But I do understand human nature. It’s not the price tag of the gift but the sincerity involved in giving the same is what makes it special. So I’ll write down here what I was going to put in the card.
On Left hand side of
the page where wishes are printed:
The words printed on the adjacent side are by the
manufacturer of this card. My wishes you will find on the next page. So please
royally ignore these words and turn over.
Ps: You might feel like throwing the card away the moment
you turn this page, such is the beauty of my handwriting. But please bear with
me.
On the next page:
Being introduced by a common source, we do not have too many
moments together in these many years of our acquaintance. But our friendship is
unique in it’s own way. To talk about the birthday girl, one who enjoys her academics (I wonder how can
one enjoy ones studies:P), book lover, hardcore tree lover who also enjoys
football and politics. I, especially, enjoy our discussions on the last
subject. Considering your knowledge in political science you can make a good
career in politics, now that Anjali Damania has resigned and AAP is looking for
a face in the state.
The uniqueness of our friendship is I don’t have even a picture
of us together. But like the old saying, a friend in need is a friend indeed. Whenever
a person goes through some weird phases in life, when many thoughts keep
encircling your head, when judging the situation goes beyond your control. That
is the time when that person yearns for an ear to listen out. I still remember
that call I made to you in one such weird phase in my life. Thank you for
hearing me out then. This mention doesn’t mean that I am living in the past. It’s
just that I don’t forget the people who were there around when I needed friends
the most. Also the surprise you and
Vanessa had planned where you asked me to come to meet you but it was Vanessa
who had come back to the city who met me. These small gestures matter a lot.
So I take this opportunity to thank you, buddy, for allowing me to be in your
friends list. My bestest wishes on this day.
Happy Birthday Adi, once again. God Bless.
This was going to be the content of that greeting card which I could never send you. Anyways, I hope you have great day. You are surrounded by all your friends and family and flooded with good wishes. Enjoy the day and have a rocking year ahead.
PS: I don't have any pictures but I do have one screenshot of your message on my book. See if you remember it. Must be atleast, 6years old.
-SR
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.