What is it that doesn't let you sleep
A question I asked myself at the stroke of midnight
And it wasn't a surprise
That reasons for it are too many
Depends which prism you are looking through
You ask a winner what doesn't let you sleep
They would say the hunger to continue the streak
But if you ask someone who would be on the opposite side of them
They would say the desparation to end the streak
You ask a strong-minded what doesn't let you sleep
They might say few things from which you may conclude
They know things
But if you ask someone who is on the opposite side
They might say tons of things and yet you will feel
They know nothing
So it all depends on which colour of glares you wearing
Coz that is how the world will be painted by you
But what if we say about a possibility that
The answer to that question just maybe
You don't know, what really is going on
I mean we aren't perfect or a programmed machine
No one is a 'I Know All' person
Coz if anyone feels like that
They are just fooling themselves
The winner who is trying to maintain that streak
Will never be able to bask in the glory of it
We create a façade so people don't look through it
These are same breed who categorise people
Coz that is the easy way
That's the reason I called out one winner
But didn't mention the other as loser
Or said someone who is strong-minded
But didn't call the other as weak
Coz who are we, what do we know?
We are just a peck of dust
Nothing more Nothing less
So coming back to that same question at half past midnight
I would say I really don't know
And I will keep it that way and just close my eyes
-SR.
PS: May The Force Be With You.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.